Thursday, May 18, 2006

Scholz Retires from International Netball

By Netball Australia

Australian representative and Medibank Adelaide Thunderbirds veteran, Peta Scholz has announced her retirement from international netball.
The 29-year-old wing defence made her international debut against New Zealand in 1999 and has since gained 54 Australian test caps to establish herself as one of Australia’s most prominent and talented netballers.
Scholz was a team member of many successful campaigns for Australia during her career including winning the World Youth Cup in 1996, the World Netball Championships in 1999 and the Commonwealth Games Gold Medal at the 2002 Manchester Games.
“I really enjoyed being part of the Australian Team,” said Scholz. “I enjoyed the bond we shared and the lifelong friends I made. I loved getting an opportunity to see different parts of the world that I would not have seen had I not played netball. I also loved the feeling of winning and the competitive spirit within the team.”
More click here

No comments: